As Depot Manager your role is to manage and run the whole depot, managing 7 staff directly and indirectly 20 staff. Your role is to ensure the smooth running of the Depot and ensure the products are site worthy and delivered on time. You will have full profit and loss responsibility for this flagship branch and full recruitment responsibility too.
Your clients are tier 1 contractors but also small/local builders and you will spend 1 day a week out in the field visiting clients.
JOB TITLE: Depot Manager
SELLING: Trenching and Shoring
SELLING TO: Tier 1 contractors and small/local builders
PACKAGE: Basic: £45K, OTE: £65K, company car, 25 days holiday, mobile, lap top, pension.
- A family owned company that is continually investing in the business.
- Well established
- Circa 255 staff
- Turnover of £25Million
- Depot Manager
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A strong construction manager
- Knows the Civil Engineering/Main Contractor market
- Great construction sales experience
- Team/people developer
- Wants to achieve the best
- Someone looking to be part of a long term plan
- Ambitious with a long term goal
- Can manage a diverse range of people
- Immaculate of appearance
- Our client sell/hire the company's manufactured designed and supplied range of Trenching, Shoring and Sheet Piling products.
- Essentially this is Excavation Support Systems.
- Sold into a mix of Main Tier 1 Contractors, Civil Engineer, Sub Contractors and also Private Builders and Utility Companies.
- Your role as Depot Manager is to ensure the smooth running of the Depot, managing staff and ensuring all products are safe and site worthy.
- You will be managing a team of 7 directly and 20 indirectly. These are made up of a mix of Hire desk Manager, Yard Managers, Engineers and Drivers.
- The depot turnover is £2.5Million and the long term plan is to get this to £5/6Million in the next 2-3 years.
- You will have full P'n'L responsibility and full recruitment and cash collection responsibility.
- A great opportunity with a very strong manufacturer.
- Depot Manager
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
Please contact Andy Wyschna on 020 8722 8200 or Please hit the apply button.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : South East England, London, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Essex, Buckinghamshire, South East, Field Based,
Salary : £45k - £65k pa + Company Benefits
Date Advertised : 25 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.