Head of IT & Business Change - Agile, Financial Services
The role of Head of IT and Business Change is pivotal to our success. You will be responsible and accountable for the building and running of an efficient and successful IT and Business Change Department. Your responsibilities cover management, planning, strategy, delivery and support for IT and business change across the company. You will report to the Executive Director, Head of Operations and have a key influencing role with the entire Senior Management team. You will be a clear thinker, with the vision to develop our ebusiness capability, excellent communication skills, a natural motivator and someone who demonstrates a desire to succeed and be proud of the function you run. You will have a proven track record of running IT and business change in a similar sized organisation and be able to demonstrate the values of the company and a clear path to success.
1. Ensure excellent business unit interaction through service management, and that IT service levels meet the requirements for the business.
2. Ensure adequate support coverage to key infrastructure and applications; review and maintain cost-effective contracts, ensure relations with key suppliers are well managed and proactively review and improve supplier service provision.
3. Ensure that IT is compliant with regulatory requirements. Review, accept and act on audit actions within required timescales.
4. Maintain and apply information security policy, Maintain a register of required IT policies, their documentation, authorisation, enforcement and inclusion in the appropriate staff communications mechanisms. Report on their adherence and effectiveness.
5. Produce a portfolio of company project requirements in accordance with organisation prioritisation and make the business case for their development.
6. Manage business case production, authorisation and delivery of the company's portfolio of projects to quality, time and budget.
7. Ensure that project effort is planned, made available and managed in accordance with business priorities
8. Manage supplier change delivery
9. Ensure that the Business Change Unit (BCU) and IT have the necessary organisation, staffing, skills and processes to meet the ongoing demands of the business, and identify and plan for changes to those ongoing demands.
10. Perform appraisals and objective setting for directly reporting staff, and oversee appraisals and objective setting for all BCU and IT staff
11. Ensure that appropriate IT processes and practices (e.g. ITIL for operations, SDLC, Agile and project management methodologies) are in place, understood, enabled and followed.
12. Regular and insightful reporting as required by the Head of Operations and Senior Management Team
13. Assess own organisation risks to the organisation for likelihood and impact and ensure necessary systems and controls are in place to control them; raise project requirements to address material risks.
14. Construct the annual department budget, taking into account known business priorities and projects, IT operational requirements, and the IT strategy. Manage the IT spending against the agreed budget.
15. This role requires the personal commitment and flexibility necessary, including out of hours work, where necessary, to maintain full user production services.
16. Any other task or activity as may be reasonably expected within this job role, as assigned by your manager.
Organisation, Staff management and motivation skills
Communication skills, including presentation, training and report writing
IT process and methodology knowledge and skills
Portfolio Management skills
Organisation change management experience
Technology awareness and appreciation
Relationship and negotiation skills
Risk analysis and assessment competency
Management of outsourced IT
Preferred graduate with experience of delivering Information Technology Services and Business Change in a Financial Services environment
Project Management Skills, ideally AGILE DSDM specifically. (Dynamic systems development method)
Estimating and Planning skills
Business Analysis skills
Has worked within an ebusiness environment
Some prior Business Unit management experience
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Tunbridge Wells
Salary : £90-110k
Date Advertised : 06 Mar 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.